March 7, 2018
Great Wines of Italy as selected by James Suckling are wines not to be missed.
James Suckling has created a list of his Top 100 Wines of 2017.
100 wines were selected from the over 3,500 wines tasted by James Suckling and his team of tasters. We had the opportunity to taste many of these top 100 wines and noticed that there was a dominance of Tuscan wines.
Overall, we are in agreement that these are Great Wines of Italy. With only one wine in 2017 earning a perfect score of 100 points, we are calling this the My Favorite Wine Is Tua Rita Toscana Regaffi.
The top 7 of these Great Wines are:
- 2015 Tua Rita Toscana Redgaffi 100 Points
- 2013 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Cicala 99 Points
- 2015 Petrolol Valdarno di Sopra Galatrona 99 Points
- 2015 Fattoria Le Pupille Maremma Toscana Saffredi 99 Points
- 2015 Bibi Graetz Toscana Testamatta 99 Points
- 2015 Tenuta Sette Ponti Toscana Oreno 98 Points
- 2012 Livio Sassetti Brunello di Montalcino 98 Points