February 5, 2020
Barolo is a place and a wine from Italy.
What do you do when you walk into a room that has over 200 wine producers from Italy presenting their Barolo and Barbaresco wines?
That is easy, you start tasting. But now the difficult part,which wine do I like better than the other. Is there a favorite wine in the room?
Some educational background first.
The wines are made all from 100% Nebbiolo.
Barolo is a wine but it also a municipality in the Province of Cuneo in the Italian region of Piedmont.
Barolo is produced in Barolo, Castiglione Falletto and Serralunga d’Alba and part of the municipalities of La Morrra, Novello, Montforte d’Alba Roddi and Cherasco.
Barolo wine to some can be seen as pricey. Some of the strict guidelines that the wines are made within are:
- The maximum production is 7,200 bottles per hectare.
- The wine needs to age a minimum of 38 months from the first of November of the year after harvest. At least 18 months must be in wooden barrels.
- When the wine is called a Riserva, the wine has been in the producer’s cellar for 5 years starting from the November 1st of the year after the harvest
Favorite Wines Tasted
With so much to choose from to taste MyFavoriteWineIS Barolo. Here are some of the wines that caught my attention.
Our favorite Baberesco wines will follow.
- Ellena Giuseppe 2012 Riserva Barolo
- Ellena Giuseppe 2016 Barolo
- Carlo Revello and Figli 2011 Barolo Giachini
- Anna Maria Abbona 2014 Bricco San Pietro Barolo
- Deltetto 2012 Bussia Barolo
- Gigi Rosso 2013 Arione Sori Dell’Ulivo Riserva Barolo
- Conterno 2013 Francia Barolo
- Massolino 2011 Vigna Rionda Serralunga d Alba Riserva
- Essenze 2015 Barolo di Serralunga d Alba Vite Colte
- Enrico Serafino 2015 Barolo Serralunga d Alba
- Palladino 2013 Riserva San Bernardo Serralunga d Alba
- Contadin Bricco Maiolica del Comune di Diano d’ Alba Barolo
- Elio Altare 2013 Barolo Riserva Cerretta
- Fratelli Revello 2013 Barolo Cerretta
- Davide Fregonese 2016 Barolo Cerretta
- Fratelli Ferrero 2015 Bricco Manzoni Barolo
- Fratelli Ferrero 2013 Conca Barolo
- Cascina Del Monastero 2013 Bricco Luciani Barolo
- Luciano Sandrone 2012 Barolo Cannubi Boschis
- Silvano Bolmida 2013 Bussia Riserva
- Sobrero Pernanno 2013 Riserva Barolo
- Tenuta Carretta 2013 Barolo Cannubi
- Viberti 2013 Barolo Riserva Bricco Delle Viole
- Casetta Case Nere 2010 Barolo
- Beni Di Batasiolo 2011 Boscareto Barolo